Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Pain is over, yeah!!! I hope....


First, doesn't my helicopter look cool in flight? The thing has been broken twice so far but my amazing engineering skills have rebuilt it. It still flys after ONE WEEK. It's been one week since.... (come on you know that song). I guess I've already got my money's worth! I could use some spare parts though, if I find a place that carries them.
I'm feeling ok, now. The second trip to the evil dentist is over. My teeth are better than new. A few things you should know about the trip. The road from Ostuni to Martina Franca is BEAUTIFUL. A winding road on low rolling hills in the Valle d'Itria with grape leaves changing color, olive trees, and trulli scattered about in the countryside. I highly recommend it, but not at night. At night it sucks as you can't see a damn thing so I took the less direct route, Brindisi-Francaville Fontana-Ceglie-Martina Franca. Since this route is a little new to me I've noticed a few things. One is that people are ALWAYS burning olive cuttings around Latiano. I love the smell of burning olive wood but it rained most of the day so I'm amazed that the smell and smoke was as thick as ever around there. I thought they would wait a day for the wood to dry out a little, or something. Second, I hereby award Ceglie the distinction of having the most traffic lights per inhabitants for any town in Puglia. Italians aren't keen on traffic lights and now that I've had a ticket for running a red light I pay more attention to them. Well, Ceglie must have a traffic light factory nearby.
I also love the fact that they have a sign in Ceglie pointing to the left saying Brindisi 44 (44 kms). Thankfully I've never fallen for that trick. If you take that left you get 44 kms of side roads full of "apes" (little 3 wheel trucks) that will drive you crazy. The drive is much easier if you go to Francaville Fontana and get one real road.
That's my driving tips for today. Stay out of Ceglie and don't do the Ostuni to Martina Franca road at night.

4 comments:

Roam2Rome said...

Ahm, Jeff... what song would that be? enlighten me plz :)

I really hate dentists! Glad you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

It's been, one week since you looked at me, cocked your head to the side and said your angry...

Jeff Gromen said...

R2R,
It's Barenaked Ladies "One Week". Personally I like their old stuff better.

Lo,
I like this verse the best.

Its been one week since you looked at me
Threw your arms in the air and said youre crazy
Five days since you tackled me
Ive still got the rug burns on both my knees
Its been three days since the afternoon
You realized its not my fault not a moment too soon
Yesterday youd forgiven me
And now I sit back and wait till you say youre sorry

Anonymous said...

ahhhh. BNL. Gotta love em.