Monday, November 19, 2007

Fast Food Italian Style

That was supposed to be the title yesterday! Let's just forget yesterday. Today's photo I call "cooking minestrone", pretty original. Hey I'm an Engineer. I'm better with acronyms!!
Well yesterday I guess I was trying to do too much with my poor computer. It just was running very slow and locking up all the time. A coworker game me 2 CDs of music and I was desperately trying to copy them so I could give them back today. Problem is these were homemade CDs and old. Some parts were just not readable. In the end I copied most of the songs. I saw that I did get one song that I’ve been dying to find (and don’t say iTunes as it’s not a song worth paying for). It’s “Gianna” by Rino Gaetano. There is a tribute band to Rino Gaetano here in Brindisi and when they play “Gianna” the place turns into that scene from Animal House when they play “Louie, Louie”. It’s hilarious so I now I have the original and I have to say the live local version is more fun. I need to learn the words but that won't happen listening to the song, so here they are:

Gianna Gianna Gianna sosteneva, tesi e illusioni
Gianna Gianna Gianna prometteva, pareti e fiumi
Gianna Gianna aveva un coccodrillo, ed un dottore
Gianna non perdeva neanche un minuto, per fare l'amore

Ma la notte la festa è finita, evviva la vita
La gente si sveste e comincia un mondo
un mondo diverso, ma fatto di sesso
e chi vivrà vedrà...

Gianna Gianna Gianna non cercava il suo pigmalione
Gianna difendeva il suo salario, dall'inflazione
Gianna Gianna Gianna non credeva a canzoni o UFO
Gianna aveva un fiuto eccezionale, per il tartufo

Ma la notte la festa è finita, evviva la vita
La gente si sveste e comincia un mondo
un mondo diverso, ma fatto di sesso
e chi vivrà vedrà...

Ma dove vai, vieni qua, ma che fai?
Dove vai, con chi ce l'hai? Vieni qua, ma che fai?
Dove vai, con chi ce l'hai? Di chi sei, ma che vuoi?
Dove vai, con chi ce l'hai? Butta la', vieni qua,
chi la prende e a chi la da!Dove sei, dove stai?
Fatti sempre i fatti tuoi!Di chi sei, ma che vuoi?
Il dottore non c'e' mai!Non c'e' mai! Non c'e' mai!
Tu non prendi se non dai! Vieni qua, ma che fai?
Dove vai, con chi ce l'hai? Butta la', vieni qua,
chi la prende e a chi la da!Dove sei, dove stai?
Fatti sempre i fatti tuoi!Di chi sei, ma che vuoi?
Il dottore non c'e' mai!Non c'e' mai! Non c'e' mai!
Tu non prendi se non dai! Vieni qua, ma che fai?

I played around last night doing the effect Kent told me about. I used a long exposure and them zoomed in with the shudder open (something the books all say never to do). I managed a few fun shots looking out my window.
This is multiple cars!
My favorite!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool Jeff. I am going to try and find that song on YOU TUBE and have a listen. Have a fabulous day.

Anonymous said...

Very cool Jeff. I am going to try and find that song on YOU TUBE and have a listen. Have a fabulous day.

Anonymous said...

Jeffo,

I like the experimental shots! You can also try it with a shutter speed of 1/60 or 1/30...especially with people, or even pop a flash on them as you are moving/zooming the lens.

Happy holidays..and enjoy the week.

KENT

Roam2Rome said...

Uh I like the last one, Jeff.

Ah, music is my weakness! I'll go look for that song...

Roam2Rome said...

I just downloaded the song and love it! It's so cute and has a nice rhythm... I'm smiling here :)

ma dai, lei aveva un coccodrilo? well, ed un dottore, quindi...

Jeff Gromen said...

Lucy and R2R,
I saw that you tube video of him at San Remo in 1978 and it's so cheesy but funny. The back up singers do a lousy job on the last part. Maybe it's the sound quality but at that point everybody is "into" the song when they play it live and I have to at least act like I know what they're saying.


Kent,
You can do that effect at 1/60 of second. You must have quick hands. I guess it would just take more practice and timing. That's why you're a pro!

Jeff

Jeff Gromen said...

R2R,
I'm glad you liked it and another one from him is "Ahi Maria". I can't sing or play an instrument so I just appreciate music. I just enjoy it. It makes it hard for me to answer the question "What kind of music do you like?" It depends....

Jeff