Saturday, February 10, 2007

Lunch time


I stole this receipe from another blog Bleeding Espresso and made it today. I'm including a photo as maybe Annika will think this dish looks a little better now. The cannelini beans I used were dried and I soaked them overnight and cooked them forever and they still seem a little under cooked but they tasted good. Also I used a little of the "hot pepper oil" that Andrea gave me instead of a hot pepper.
Update: I talked to the family today but I need to give them a little update. Nello seems fine now so I didn't take him to the vet. What ever was upsetting his stomach seems to have passed.

2 comments:

Annika said...

Judgement time... who's the better cook and/or photographer? :)
Well I have to say that YES, this looks better. Sorry sognatrice! :)

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

To each his own, but what's important was how it tasted (I hope you liked it!). And I also hope that wasn't what was upsetting your stomach! Anyway, your dish looks like this because, as you thought, the beans probably weren't cooked long enough; when they're cooked longer, they get a little mushy and give the dish the oh-so-appealing appearance from my pic. You may have needed a bit more olive oil too, but that's personal taste ;)