Monday, March 19, 2007

Laurea Party


No, that’s not someone’s name. That’s Italian for “degree”. This weekend we celebrated Francesca finishing her degree. Now she’s ready to enter into a carrier instead of a job. It’s traditional to have a big party for this occasion. However Valerio, her fidanzato, had her convinced that the party would just be a few drinks and cake at the Big Ben Pub and nothing too special. I can only imagine the look on her face when she arrived at the Big Ben Saturday night and no one was there. In truth the party was at a friend’s house in the country and EVERYONE was there. Anyway people ate, drank, danced, and sang until the wee hours. I closed the shutters tight when I finally got to bed and 4 AM because I was not letting the sun wake me Sunday morning. The photo above is when Francesca and Valerio arrived. The photo below is the best part, the gifts!!! We have Francesca opening, Valerio next to her and Matteo is the one that needs a shave!

No comments: