Friday, January 12, 2007

101 Things

I stole these questions from another blog. I don't think she'll mind and I thought the questions were good without being too personal so here they are...

1. How many keys are on your keychain? 6 1 car, 1 gate to garage, 1 garage, 1 for the apartment building, 1 for the apartment , 1 for the mailbox.

2. What curse word do you use the most? That’s easy “cazzo” but I really need to cut back but hey “che cazzo vuoi!!!” (although in Brindisi we actually say “ce cazzo way”).

3. Do you own an iPod? Absolutely and my phone is an mp3 player.

4. What time is your alarm clock set for? 7:30 AM and I can still walk to work by 8:30 AM.

5. How many suitcases do you own? Probably about 6 but only 2 that I use.

6. Do you wear flip–flops even when it’s cold outside? No, my feet seem to get cold easy.

7. Where do you buy your groceries from? From Mino at “il Salu….mino” (yes that’s how it’s spelled)

8. Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture? Take.

9. What was the last movie you watched? The Good Sheperd. It’s pretty good so I recommend it.

10. Do any of your friends have children? Yes, there seems to be an explosion of kids among my friends in the last 3 years.

11. If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you would buy? A massiera in countryside around me or maybe a big boat to sail around the world in.

12. Has anyone ever called you lazy? No, I’ve never thought about that either until now.

13. Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep faster? No, I listen to my body. If it says I don’t need to sleep I don’t.

14. What CD is currently in your CD player? Ganging up on the Sun by Guster.

15. Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk? I used to be a big regular milk drinker now I’ve gone over to the dark side.

16. Has anyone told you a secret this week? Yes, but the person who told me it can’t keep a secret, so is it really a secret?

17. When was the last time someone hit on you? Interesting enough I think the cute girl at the Bakery was hitting on me last Friday. I think I need to go get some bread…

18. What did you have for dinner? Gnocchi with pesto genovense.

19. Do you wear hoodies often? Yes, I do now.

20. Can you whistle? Nope, I but I can simulate a harsh wind.

21. Have you ever participated in a protest? Yes and we are protesting again today. It’s part of life in Italy.

22. Who was the last person to call you? Someone from work.

23. What is your favorite ride at an amusement park? I’ve loved roller coasters forever. Growing up in Cincinnati with Kings Island and “the Beast”, how could I not.

24. Do you think people talk about you behind your back? I hope I’m worth gossiping about.

25. What area code are you in right now? Area code 0831

26. Did you watch cartoons as a child? Yes, the classics Tom and Jerry, and the Looney Tunes, Scooby Doo etc…

27. How big is your local mall? Pretty big, 52 stores and they are building a second only 5 minutes from the other.

28. How many siblings do you have? One older brother and one younger sister.

29. Are you shy around the opposite sex? Absolutely.

30. What is your biggest regret? Probably my answer to the question above. I’ve been too shy and that’s probably why I’m still single.

31. When was the last time you laughed so hard your sides hurt? Watching the Daily Show online a few nights ago.

32. What movie do you know every line to? The Princess Bride, The Blues Brothers, The Life of Brian, Star Wars and others.

33. Do you own any band t–shirts? I have AC/DC, Guster, Toad the Wet Sprocket and I think I still have a Poison t-shirt but I use it as a rag.

34. When was your last plane ride? January 3, 2007

35. How many chairs are at your dining room table? 6, the apartment came that way.

36. Do you read for fun? Yes, if it’s fun! I prefer non-fiction adventure.

37. Can you speak any languages other than English? Italian is getting there and I still remember some German from high school.

38. Do you do your own dishes? Eventually, they don’t do themselves and the machine doesn’t work.

39. What color is your bedroom painted? White.

40. Have you ever cried in public? Yes, but I’m still a man.

41. Do you have a desktop computer or a laptop? 2 laptops 3 if you count work.

42. Which do you make, wishes or plans? Plans. I love it when a good plan comes together.

43. Are you always trying to learn new things? Absolutely. When I worked at the zoo it was to learn more about nature, now I’m learning about the history and culture of the area I live in.

44. Do you shower on a daily basis? Yes, I almost can’t start the day without a shower.

45. Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoos? No.

46. Do you believe that the guy should pay on the first date? Absolutely.

47. Can you skip rocks? Yes very well, thank you.

48. Have you ever been to Jamaica? No, but I’ll get around to it.

49. What to snack on at the movie theaters? Big bucket of Popcorn with butter and salt then a nice coke with light ice.

50. Who was your favorite teacher? Never really got very close to my teachers to call one a favorite. I guess the Dean of the Aerospace Engineering was the best teacher I remember. He let Adam and I go off and make our own Senior Design Project even after we hit him with a frisbee, “accidently”.

51. Have you ever dated someone out of your race? No, but I’ve already said my shyness also led to very little dating.

52. What is the weather like? Sunny and cool.

53. Would you ever date someone covered in tattoos? No way. In the past I wouldn’t even date a girl with a tattoo. I don’t think I’ll ever accept a girl “covered”.

54. Do you have an online journal? Yes my wonderful blog and I have a private journal.

55. What was your favorite class in high school? Physics, I’m a nerd dammit.

56. Do you enjoy traveling via airplanes? Yes, absolutely. Even better when I’m the pilot.

57. What personality trait is a must–have in your preferred gender? She must be a little thick skinned because I can say some stupid things especially when I’m hungry or tired or both.

58. Have you ever been attracted to someone physically unattractive? I think that’s physically impossible.

59. When was the last time you slept on the floor? New Year’s Eve. About a week ago.

60. What is your favorite alcoholic drink? Something and coke.

61. Does your closest Starbucks have a drive–thru? Don’t have Starbucks.

62. Do you like your living arrangement? Yes, but my apartment needs a woman’s touch and by that I mean furniture and decorating that appear to “go together”.

63. What is your mother’s hometown? Cincinnati, Ohio!

64. How many hours of sleep do you need to function? Depends on the time of year 4-5 hours in Summer and 6, 7, or more in winter. I’m part bear.

65. Do you eat breakfast daily? Nope, not in Italy. A pastry and coffee.

66. What was the last thing to scare you? I scare easy but I can’t remember anything lately, but it probably involved cats running under my feet while I was carrying something.

67. Are your days full and fast–paced? Not fast and half full.

68. Did you ever get in trouble for talking in class? No, I was an angel in school and a geek.

69. What is your favorite fruit? I love a good rock hard apple, strawberries are better in general.

70. Do you pay attention to calories on the back of packages? No, I’ve never worried about my weight.

71. How old will you be turning on your next birthday? 36 I’m so frickin’ old!!!

72. Are you picky about spelling and grammar? Heck no. My spelling sucks and my grammar is worser. Thank god for word!!

73. Do you believe in life on other planets? Absolutely, but I think they have better things to do then come here.

74. Have you ever been to Six Flags? Actually no, but I’ve been to a lot of other theme parks.

75. Who was the last person to piss you off? Really pissed off! Fastweb.

76. Do you believe that God has a gender? That makes no sense in my book. God=gender?

77. What was the last thing you ate? Orriechiette di casalinga, bistecca and a salad.

78. Do you get along better with the same or opposite sex? It’s not one or the other. It’s just a matter of feeling comfortable around someone. That can happen with the same or opposite sex.

79. What did you dress up as for your first Halloween? A cowboy.

80. How did your parents pick your name? I don’t know.

81. Do you like mustard? Yes, but I have no attachment to it.

82. What do you tell yourself when times get hard? If it was easy, everyone would pack up and move to Italy. Or “you still have your health”.

83. Would you ever sky dive? I’ve done it twice.

84. Do you sleep on your side, tummy, or back? I roll around that’s why the cats can’t stay in my room.

85. What character from a movie most reminds you of yourself? Luke Skywalker in Star Wars, oh yeah.

86. Have you ever bid for something on ebay? No

87. Do you enjoy giving hugs? No, but I’m getting over that here in Italy.

88. Would you consider yourself to be fashionable? No, but I’m getting there.

89. Do you own a digital camera? Yes, and there’s one in my phone too, of course.

90. If someone you had no interest in dating expressed interest in dating you, how would you feel? Uncomfortable because it’s happened many times.

91. What celebrities have you been compared to? David Schimmer on friends but I don’t have my hair like him, ever and Pete Sampras.

92. Who is your favorite Star Wars character? This should be easy but it’s not. I’ll go with Obi Wan, wise as Master Yoda and powerful as Master Windu.

93. Does it annoy you when someone says they’ll call but never do?
Yes terribly, but then I get over it quickly.

94. What books, if any, have made you cry? Bill Bryson’s books can make me cry in laughter.

95. Do you think you’re attractive? No, I’m no George Clooney.

96. What are you allergic to? Nothing.

97. Are you a jealous person? Yes, I can be.

98. What’s your opinion on sex without emotional commitment? I still pretty old fashioned but I’m getting more relaxed with it in old age.

99. Do you ever feel guilty after eating meat? No, should I be?

100. If you were born the opposite sex, what would your name have been?

Jeffrina

101. Is it lunchtime yet?
No I missed it answering all these dam questions

3 comments:

Annika said...

Ohoy Jeffrina, you beat me to the test! I was about to do this meme yesterday but didn't have time to finish. My answers are coming up later..

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I read the whole thing but it was interesting. I actually learned a thing or two about me ol' brother. Like, he's a Star Wars fan? sike. I knew that.

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

I like what you tell yourself when times are tough, and I'm also a "che cazzo vuoi" kinda gal, although I know it's rather crass for a girl. Oh well. They can't expect too much from an American, right?