Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I'll try not to schmooze all over things!


Avery tagged with an award and I don't know what to say except, thank you. Thank you very much. I haven't won anything since that 5 foot long pencil from a box of Honeycomb cereal way back. No, the pencil wasn't in the box but I sent away the certificate and sure enough a few weeks later a giant pencil arrived at the house. Lori, don't even say that pencil was yours. It was mine. Where is it now anyway? In the parent's basement if Dad didn't throw it away.
So this award is because: “As it goes, schmoozing is the natural ability 'to converse casually, especially in order to gain an advantage or make a social connection. Good schmoozers effortlessly weave their way in and out of the blogosphere, leaving friendly trails and smiles, happily making new friends along the way.' "
I have the power to schmooze but I promise to use it only for good and only when attacked never in offense or to be offensive. I must have gained this power because I've been in Italy for 4 years now. That's right I'm getting ready to celebrate 4 years at the end of August. That's a story in itself. I moved to Italy in August of 2003. Man, I was really clueless back then!

I'm supposed to nominate 5 others but I only follow about 5 other blogs and I think they have the award from someone else. So Avery thanks again for this honor.
Here is that photo of the Fiat 500 convertible I mentioned way back.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet car. When is it coming to the US?

Roam2Rome said...

Ciao Jeff! I've heard a lot about you in several blogs today and I hadn't read your posts!!! So, stopping by to say Ciao! :)

Congrats :)

Valerie said...

Dang it, she beat me to it. I've blog-lurked here for some time and listed you as a Schmoozer today, too. I dutifully checked first and you'd not yet had the Schmooze tag up. When I posted and checked to make the sure the link worked, lo...there it was. Ain't it grand to be so liked? Anyway, non fa niente. Just enjoy the glory.

Jeff Gromen said...

Lo,
That car will never make it to the US but there's always the smart car!

Farfallina,
A little know fact is that I used to work at the Indianapolis Zoo. It was great being apart of the Butterfly exhibit every year.

Valerie,
I've always thought my writing needs work, but I balance that out with good photos. I think. Yes this blog has taken a life of it's own since the days when I got tired of mass emailing my friends and family.

Jeff