Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Carnevale!!!!

I went to a parade for Carnevale in Putignano on Sunday. It’s a small parade held in a small town about an hour and a half from me. The cool thing about this parade is that it was the 621st edition of the parade. I don’t know how the first years were but this year was pretty interesting. It’s great fun for the kids who get to dress up like Halloween. The adults also can get a little crazy. In the end I had an orange cow on my head. I wanted a festive hat like everyone else. I needed something. Along with the crazy colors and outfits there was also people dressed like the medieval times doing jobs of the period. I wonder if anyone will ever dress up like us in an event to simulate the era “around the year 2000”. They could show how people used to sit in front of the computer and work. I have a lot of photos from the event because Alberto put everyone’s photos on one CD. I’ll try to post some here soon.The floats were wonderfully complex in the mechanical movements, color and message. All of them had a political angle with the election coming up. Some dealt with Chinese imports and other with oil prices. I’ll try to explain each with the picture I put up. The videos are the better thing because it was amazing how the floats moved.

Pictures tonight, I hope....

No comments: