Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Life in the Slow Lane...


I can’t put my finger on it but life seems to be moving slowly lately, for instance, its STILL January. How can that be? It seems ages ago when I arrived back in Brindisi after the holidays and all this putanatta in 2008 makes it seem like it’s been 2008 for two months. I’ve been cursing 2008 a little because a few lousy things have happened in this first month of the year. I can’t complain too much because so far every time something comes up that sounds really bad it turns out to be much better then first reported. For instance when I first arrived in Brindisi someone told me that the Goldoni Pub, which I told you about in November, had been closed down by the Guardia di Finanza. This is a common occurrence but I was upset because my friend Ottavio had spent 2 years working on that pub. Well the reports proved false as I stopped in a few days later and he wasn’t closed. There were some “concerns” about his stage and the lights but it was resolved. Basically he couldn’t have a bunch of stage lights. There have been other things like that but I don’t feel like going into details.
I did go out to the beach for a photo trip on Saturday so I guess I could should you a few of those photos… It was REALLY windy and the sea was rough on Saturday as you see in the photos. It’s been like that lately though one day REALLY windy and the next day calm.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeffo-
I like the bottom photo of the life-guard stand. THe contrast between the colors along with the sand in the foreground make a nice composition.

I was talking today to one of my kids about Sicily, Toarmina and Brindisi!

RTD in Italia said...

'a roam in rome' introduced me to your blog. When I get some more time I'll check it out. I can sympathize with this year moving slow, but for different reasons. Best advice is to take it one day at a time and do what makes you happy... days are shorter then you realize.

Kent and Lori said...

Did Kent write that comment? I knew he would like the photo. It appealed to me too.

joe@italyville.com said...

great pics Jeff. One more day and the January nightmare will be over... kicker is, it's a leap-year, so February will seem like a lifetime! Cheers - Joe

Jeff Gromen said...

Anon,
Are you Kent but just too lazy to leave your name? I don't think we need Sherlock Holmes to figure this out.

Chris,
Now that she has her blog running normally there will be better a "link" better us in the blogsphere.

Kent and Lori,
Did Lori write this comment asking if Kent wrote the other comment when Lori lives in the same house as Kent?

Joe,
I can only hope that February doesn't seem like January. Feb has Carnevale and Valentine's Day so it already has more going for it. No holidays from work though!!! UGHHH.

Jeff

angie said...

Hi, nice blog! I really like to read about expats in my Puglia, and of course your musings and thoughts could make no exception :)
cheers
angie

Anonymous said...

..and now it's February..so you can put the past behind you. The ocean always make me feel better :)