Friday, April 07, 2006

Elections then Easter

Well I’ve been having problems with my home Internet connection. Something has changed on April 1st. I hope it’s all sorted out now but we’ll see. It’s never been terribly reliable but I’ve learned to live with it.
Not much news here. The weather is trying to stay nice but when the wind comes out of the North it can cool off. We’re right on the verge of not needing a jacket. I guess with Easter next weekend there should be more to talk about that but there’s not. It is a little different because in the States the Friday before Easter is a holiday but here the Monday after Easter is a holiday. It’s also traditional to go out to the country or near the sea and eat outside. Not necessarily a bar-b-q like in the States but close.
The election is this weekend and that’s dominating the news. I‘ve been hearing about it every day but as an observer. I’m just waiting and to see what happens. This article on the BBC website is very good and sums up a lot of what I hear from "the communists" around here.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4882180.stm
This article even has comment by yours truly. Nothing special but I thought I would throw in my two cents worth.I’ll put up some pictures if I can get my home Internet going.

No comments: